Chicago Central located at the James R. Thompson Center and Chicago Loop Express located at 69 W. Washington are temporarily closed.
- From June 1 through July 31, facilities will focus on serving ONLY new drivers, customers with expired driver’s licenses/ID cards and vehicle transactions. Press Release Facility Finder Renew your vehicle sticker Facilities Reopening PSA
- All driver’s licenses, ID cards, vehicle registration, restricted driving permits and monitoring device driving permits that are currently expired or set to expire by July 31 have been extended until Oct. 1, 2020.
- All employees are wearing face masks and customers are required to do the same. Plexiglass dividers have been installed at all work stations and tape has been applied to the floor in 6-foot intervals to follow social distancing guidelines, limiting the number of customers inside a facility at one time.
- Please be patient and prepared to wait outside in various types of weather. This is due to social distancing, which limits the number of people inside a facility at one time.
- Secretary of State and State Treasurer have waived E-check payment processing fee through Aug. 2, 2020 for vehicle sticker renewal, duplicate driver’s license/ID card and driver’s license renewal with Safe Driver Renewal. Press Release Renew your vehicle sticker
- Drive-Through Services Available at Seven Facilities for Vehicle Registration Renewals Only Press Release
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security pushes back REAL ID deadline one year to Oct. 1, 2021. Current Illinois driver’s licenses or ID cards will continue to be accepted at airports, military bases and secure federal facilities until Oct. 1, 2021. Press Release www.REALID.ilsos.gov